After a routine check at the surgery it was discovered that a batch of vaccinations had not been stored at the correct temperature.
We cannot be sure that vaccine stored at the incorrect temperature has given the patient the required protection against the condition for which they are being vaccinated, therefore, as a precaution we have written to all patients affected to invite them to be revaccinated.
We can confirm that all faulty refrigeration equipment and affected vaccine has now been replaced. Not every patient who has received a vaccination at the practice will be affected but all those who have will received a letter inviting them to book an appointment to be revaccinated.
Being revaccinated is completely safe, even if you have recently received the same vaccine.
We apologise for any inconvenient or distress that this may have caused.
(Site updated 08/11/2018)